Wednesday, August 14, 2013

visit to the village!

I'm so excited I'll be going to a village with a former student of mine today!  We'll be visiting her granny and auntie who live almost 4 hours outside of the city.  To meet Alla, I walked 12 minutes to the metro station, took the red line metro for 5 stops, then changed to the blue line.  Alla met me at Olimpsky station (45 minutes now from my apartment), then we had to travel to the end of the blue line.  Some new construction of additional stations, extending the line is underway.

At the end of the line we arrived at the Southern Bus station where we caught our mini bus to the countryside.  Our ride was close to 4 hours, with one stop at a despicable outhouse toilet stop.  Since living in Mongolia I am used to bad toileting situations, or sometimes no toilet.  This outhouse probably needed to be closed months ago.  The hole was full up I would've been better off peeing outside..... I did have a skirt on after all and could've just squatted, but, heavy sigh, you can't do that here in Ukraine::(  But hey, when you gotta pee, you gotta pee, and thankfully the bus stopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment