Friday, March 1, 2013

the Lunch Lady....

I think most Americans when they see this title will think of the woman stuck in this job during their formative school years.  Maybe during elementary school the lunch lady was like a grandma to you, but later on.... being a lunch lady didn't seem so cool.  

For Glee fans like myself, I think of Marley's mom, referred to as the fat lunch lady.  

I'm not talking about those kind of lunch ladies, nor the rich, well dressed women who meet their lady friends for lunch at a swanky restaurant.  I'm the lunch lady, along with my flat mate Parker and our friend Linda.  All 3 of us fall into the over 50 category and today we enjoyed a tasty lunch which I made for us.

Friday lunch is the best time for those of us who work the same crazy hours to get together with good food, friends and conversation.  I hope to make this a monthly meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment