Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday, May 2nd

So today I crossed the border from Ukraine into Poland, via car.  I met an American man and two young Polish guys at the hostel in Lviv.  Suffice it to say they offered me a ride because I said I was from Ohio and believe it or not, the two men, Adam and Peter, will be going to Ohio.  They are part of the work and travel program and will be working in guest parking services at Cedar Point for four months!

On the trip from Lviv to Krakow, we talked about Ohio, their lives, etc.... The only possible glitch is that I did not pay an overstay penalty on my Ukrainian visa..... I was told by a few different people at my school/employer that I must walk across the border, because I should expect to be detained and have to pay an overstay fine....... Well, as a passenger in a car with two Polish guys.... they looked at my passport, me, stamped it and we were on our way.  Hopefully, there will not be a problem on the way back.  However, I am lucky....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment