Sunday, June 16, 2013

Books in English!!!!

Oh my gosh, I am sooo excited, I can hardly write... One of my students, Andrey, is an avid reader of English books.  We have spent many a walk to the metro after class discussing literature (a little) and current books ( alot).  He has a Kindle Fire, far superior to my original b&w Nook.... and has clued me into many sites to download books.
  
He's even read all the latest Shades of Grey books....just to try and understand women....lol!  I have only started reading what I thought was the first one, which turned out to be I purchased the third... I was highly disappointed with it and told him so... seems like a romance novel...

Anyway, Andrey informs me there is a used English book place...a huge market where books are piled up... I'm feeling giddy just writing about it! We discussed it again today, and am looking forward to going there on Saturday with him to pick through books!!!! In English!!!

There are of course lending libraries here, but I need to learn to read Russian for that...like that will ever happen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment