Wednesday, July 3, 2013

the search for the elusive ukraine patch

My backpack that I like to use to travel still is missing a Ukrainian flag and /or appropriate patch.  Though I usually have an eye out for one, there are certain areas of the city where they are sold.  Though I work at Klovska, which is close to the city center, there are no souvenir places around there.  I often go to the Aresnelna metro, also near city center, with more souvenir places, but no patches of any kind.

Today I left for work an hour early..... on a mission to find the patch so I can stitch it onto my backpack before I make this next trip to Germany...I decided I had to go to Kreshetak, the true heart of the city, with the huge squares, memorials, museums, fountains and tourists...lots and lots of tourists.

Humorously enough, I found the patch in the little market under the street walkway as soon as I got off the metro at Maiden...the  next station and connected from Kreshetak with a long walkway.  I spotted the place as soon as I exited the metro... Lots of Ukrainian goods, embroidery, and Ukraine scarves, etc.  I promptly walked over, looked and there it was!  For less than 3 dollars (a bit pricey, but worth it) I purchased the patch!  Now to sew it onto my backpack!

I had enough time to then wander around, snap a few photos, wait in line at McDonald's to use the clean toilets, then head back onto the metro to Arsenelna station where I bought a latte, then stood around enjoying the yummy coffee confection before the 20 minute stroll to my school:)  Successful mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment