Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mmmmm... fish n' chips

I'm trying not to salivate all over my keyboard as I type this.....but I'm pretty hungry and soon will be going out with Laura and Conan for some fish n' chips!  This is to be the best in Bristol....mmmmmmm

Yes, I also see the pattern that my luck journal talks an awful lot about food.  Perhaps this should be a foodie blog and not a luck blog? Too late now, but it's quite obvious that I'm into food and count myself lucky and fortunate when I can get some good stuff to eat!

Though I'm not a big fan of seafood, I do love fish n' chips, and have for as long as I can remember.  Back in high school I worked for two years at the Arthur Treachers Fish n' Chips and could never get enough of the deep fried goodness!  They also had the creamiest cole slaw, another food I adore.

I know that Arthur Treachers is no longer around, and the equivalent in the US is Long John Silver's and other fast food type fish, but it certainly meets my minimal standards.  Those standards include tons of malt vinegar to spray onto the chips as well as the fish, a nice crispy batter, a light flaky inside as well as semi crunchy salty fries (also slathered in vinegar).  Off to eat now - cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment